Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Middle Syndicate Cross Country





Last Thursday we did the cross country at Fairfield Park. On Wednesday night I was about to fall asleep on the couch when i got startled by my sissy (she said"Burpy lets bounce on the trampoline"). Well I couldn't hear of course, I was listening on my stereo! I fell asleep and my mum carried me to my bed. The problem was that I sometimes got woken up by my neighbour's dog barking. This night though I couldn't be bothered to get out of bed to see what was going on. There was something else that I was worrying about too - the stereo! I could actually hear it. Nah, it's just the neighbours I thought. In the morning I ate breakfast, did my Kumon (it was simple - it looked like this 872579x7=). Well I got that right - it might look hard but it is very easy! I had my shower and got dressed into my spike shoes (the spikes are pretty sharp!). It was 10 to 9 and I went to school and into class.
Finally the bell rang for lunch and I hardly ate anything. When lunch was over we lined up like the other classes and we set off to Fairfield Park. I felt like this race was going to be random! First it was the year4 boys and Mr F said "go to the start line." I felt good!
On your marks...set...GO!!
I absolutely ran my guts out. The race was weird. At the start I was coming 5th until Todd tripped up. I was right behind him and i had no choice but to run right over hi back in my spikes!! In the end when the race was finished i came second.
By Burty

2 comments: