Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Best Day Ever!

I love Cross Country!   But I felt nervous on the day. I don't know why, but I just did. Mr F told us to line up outside.All of the other classes were there too.  When we got to Fairfield Park, I felt a shiver down my spine.  I saw my Mum with my annoying sister.  Mr F Told us to sit on tarpaulins.  I was really nervous when it got close to the year 4 girls race.  Mr F suddenly shouted''Year 4 girls go line up at the starting line.''
I got up. Then I went over.When we all got there,Miss Pilcher asked if we were ready.Everybody answered ''YES!'' but I Didn't. Finally she said 3  important words.''Ready, Set,GO!'' We raced off. At first there was a good downhill bit. But... there was a big uphill bit after that! I was so disappointed.  But I managed to get up there.Finally,we  had to go through the forest.  Demi was just in front of me. She was panting. I managed to just go in front of her. In the end,Tatiana came first as usual. I came 2nd,but that wasn't bad. Millie got to carry my sister. In the open race,it was the same but a little bit longer. I came 8th.  Awesome! My  house came first!

By Gloria Lee.

1 comment: